Sunday, May 11, 2008

Val



I would like you all to meet "Val", my current commission. She is a LARGE and in charge Rott mix that a client of mine just adores. Those of you who just took my Animal Features workshop will recognize the technique I am using. The top image shows the whole piece and you can see that I have inked the entire piece black except for the brown areas that are blocked in with watercolor.

I am now beginning to apply the colored pencil starting with the eye on the right and the gray in the fur which is shown in detail in the second photo. Essentially, I use grays and black to create the form and anatomy of her head while trying to avoid seeing all the fabulous color she is reflecting. No easy task for me. The purple pencils are just screaming for me to pick them up. Oh, the self restraint!

More later. Enjoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home