Thursday, April 28, 2011

I am an American Artist


I have to admit I always feel weird when someone asks me what I do for a living and I say I am an artist. Part of me just never feels like I really own that label yet. Happily, I am one step closer as American Artist Magazine has named me one of their 10 Cover Contest Winners for 2011. The article will be in their June issue and they did a really nice write up on me from my somewhat rambling phone interview with the editor.

What I found the most cool thing is that all of my co-winners were oil painters and here was little old me, sliding in there with my humble colored pencils. Nice!

I am creating new work for my first show of the season next month in Los Altos so I hope to post some of them here soon. Thanks, as always, for your interest and support!

Best,
Eileen

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne Komar said...

What a lovely picture, and what an honor, well done!

April 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have always thought your work was amazing. I;m glad you're getting the recognition you so richly deserve!

April 29, 2011 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Beegie said...

How could they not pick you?
Congratulations!

April 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Sherry from Alabama said...

I just found your book "Colored Pencil" at my public library and was absolutely blown away by your work! The book is exactly what I've been looking for for several years now. I'm using it just like I have a teacher right here with me and I hope to do every project in it ~ cover-to-cover.

I decided to go to Amazon.com and buy my own copy and then I looked up your Author's page which led me to your website, which led me to your blog. Long trip, but I'm so glad I got here. :) I just wanted to stop and introduce myself before going back to read all your posts.

It's very nice to meet you!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

May 4, 2011 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Two Dog said...

Thanks everyone, for your very encouraging posts. I really appreciate you taking the time to write me and for being a part of my blog.

Sherry from Alabama, I am so glad you found me and the book is working out for you. I hope you enjoy colored pencils as much as I do. The more you practice the easier it gets.

Best to you all!
Eileen

May 7, 2011 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home