Wednesday, July 22, 2009

See You @ Bellevue

"Self Portrait in White" - Pastel  11x17"

First off, hello to everyone just joining my blog. I have met a lot of people at recent shows and I hope you all enjoy my ~ weekly banter. I have added this little pastel to remind everyone to experiment with their art. I haven't had a lot of time for experimentation lately and I really miss it as I feel that is the best way to grow as an artist. 

I often get afraid to try new things, techniques, subjects, whatever, and so I need to repeat the mantra - "Its only paper, its only paper, its only paper..." I am making a promise to you all that I will experiment the rest of this year with new ideas and tools, like Silverpoint, pastels, oils, and expand my subjects with more figurative work and landscapes. 

I really appreciate all of your comments to me and feel free to post them here on the blog as well. It is very encouraging to hear your feedback and I hope you try some new things soon, too.

Be well,
Eileen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home